Rättviks kommun
Rättviks kommun

Contact people and contact families

 What do contact people and families do?

An individual or a family can apply for a contact person or contact family if they are in need of particular support.

The role of the contact person or family is jointly defined by the individual, the social worker and the contact person/family depending on need.

Support is available for anything from a couple of months to several years.

The contact person or family’s main role is to provide personal support in various situations and to be a point of human contact.

Examples of contact support

  • Single parent without a social network.
    The children might spend one weekend a month with a contact family so that they have access to other adults and new social contacts.
  • For families with children with social or psychological problems, a contact person or family can provide support for the children and the parents.
  • Children and young people in need of a confident adult who can act as a role model and encourage meaningful leisure time activities.
  • Adults with various social and/or psychological problems lacking a functioning social network.
  • Contact issues – when parents who are separated need support to organise contact with their children.

Would you like to work with us?

If you would like to get involved as a contact person or contact family, get in touch with our fostering social worker.

Fees and expenses will be paid in accordance with the national recommendations of the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SKL).

Contact details

Fostering social worker
Maria Magnusson
0248-70 220