Rättviks kommun
Rättviks kommun

Are you a young person and worried about a trip abroad?

Are you at risk of a forced marriage or of being taken abroad against your wishes?

Are you afraid you won’t be able to come back to Sweden?

Are you worried about someone you know?

Be aware!

No-one should force you to do something you don’t want to do – for example, marrying against your will. In Sweden, the rights of children and young people are protected in law.

You are not alone.

Ask for help. It’s important that you talk to someone you trust if you are afraid or worried.
That person might be a teacher, a welfare officer or another adult. Ask for help so that you can be put in contact with people who can help you.
You are also entitled to protection.

Preparations before you go abroad

  • Tell someone you trust about your trip.
  • Take with you the phone numbers and email addresses of people you are in contact with in Sweden that you trust.
  • Take your mobile and an extra SIM card.
  • Take the phone number for the Swedish embassy in the country you’re going to.
  • Take a copy of your passport.

Don’t wait, get in touch!

  • Police 114 14
  • Emergency Social Services (Socialjouren) 112
  • Kvinnofridslinjen (helpline for women subjected to violence) 020-50 50 50

Women’s Support Services

  • Avesta-Hedemora, 0226-129 72
  • Borlänge, 0243-814 01
  • Ludvika and Smedjebacken, 0240-19910, 070-34482 78
  • Falun, 023-125 15
  • Malung-Sälen, 020-28 60 80
  • Mora*, 0250-175 00
  • Vansbro, Gagnef and Leksand, 070-663 53 79

* The Emma Support Service in Mora also covers Rättvik.

The international code for Sweden is 046.
Do not dial the first figure in the phone number.

I didn’t really exist